- Affordable employee contributions. There will be no increase in the contributions for most benefit coverage in 2022. This includes no increase for dental and long term disability insurance, as well as decreases to life insurance and vision rates. Despite costs projected to increase next year, the University will not increase the health care contributions for employee-only coverage or for those who qualify for lower health plan contributions under Schedule B. In an ongoing effort to maintain the affordability of the University’s health plan in the face of increasing health costs, the contributions for spousal, domestic partner and dependent health coverage under Schedule A will increase incrementally over the next three years. The increase for 2022 will range from roughly $28-$58 per month (depending on your plan).
- Dental and vision carries over from 2021. It is the second year of a two-year commitment for the University’s dental and vision plans. Although current elections will remain in effect through Dec. 31, 2022, vision plan rates will decrease and VSP retail options expanded to include allowances at Walmart, Sam’s Club and Costco.
- Deductibles, copays and coinsurance remain flat. There will be no increase in deductibles, copayments and coinsurance.
- Action required for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) enrollment. FSA contributions will not continue into 2022 unless you take action during Open Enrollment. Carryover of unused funds from 2021 for both health and dependent care FSAs is not limited, but will revert back in 2022 to $570 for health care FSAs and no carryover for dependent care FSAs to 2023.
- Help with health care contributions and child care costs. The University provides subsidies to assist employees with dependent care expenses through the Dependent Care Subsidy Program and reduced health care contributions through Schedule B. Each program requires a separate application, which will be accepted through Dec. 3, 2021.
- HR Shared Services is here to help. HR Shared Services is available 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 315.443.4042 to answer your personal questions. Virtual information sessions will also be available to learn about your 2022 benefits.
Take action now! Review the information within this website for everything you need to know about 2022 benefits. When you’re ready to enroll, log in to MySlice, make your elections and click FINISH to submit.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained within this website is accurate. However, benefits are governed by legal documents (which, in certain circumstances, may include insurance contracts). If there is any difference between the information on this website and the official documents, the official documents will control. As is the case with all of Syracuse University’s benefit plans, the University reserves the right to modify or terminate these benefits at any time.