Review this important material about benefit programs available to SEIU members, in addition to the Open Enrollment information available for faculty and staff.
As part of the collective bargaining agreement between SEIU and Syracuse University, SEIU member employees meeting the following criteria will automatically qualify for lower health plan contributions under Schedule B:
- Classified in a position that is considered a Grade Two or Three; and
- Completed at least two years of service by Dec. 31, 2022.
When you log in to MySlice to complete Open Enrollment between Nov. 1-12, you will see the contributions that apply based on your current enrollment. In mid-December, HR Shared Services will adjust the contribution schedule for SEIU member employees who qualify for lower contributions and send a revised confirmation statement to your Syracuse University email address.
In addition, SEIU members who are not automatically eligible will continue to have the opportunity to apply for lower contributions under the normal process. Applications are due by Dec. 3, and notifications will be sent to your Syracuse University email address after that date.
If you are a member of the SEIU Bargaining Unit, you may choose to enroll in the Service Employees Benefit Fund (SEBF) dental and vision plans instead of the University plans. If you have specific questions regarding the plans through SEBF, please contact SEBF at 855.835.9720.
- If you are currently enrolled in one of the University’s dental and vision plans: This the second year of a two-year commitment. This means the only change you can make is to add or remove dependents from the plan you chose for 2021 - unless you have a qualifying life event. Your current elections will remain in effect through Dec. 31, 2022.
- If you are enrolled in one of the SEBF plans: You may waive, maintain or change your SEBF coverage.
- If you are currently not enrolled in any dental and vision plans: You may continue to waive or enroll in one of the SEBF plans.
Employee Employee + 1 Family
Contributions listed are based on the 12-month calendar year. The actual deduction from your paycheck depends on your deduction cycle.
You have the opportunity to enroll in the SEBF Weekly Disability Plan, a short term disability benefit.
Effective Jan. 1, 2022, the monthly premiums for this coverage will be $22.67 if you are also enrolled in the SEBF dental plan, or $27.68 if you are not enrolled in SEBF dental. The premium for this coverage will be fully employee paid through payroll deduction.
To enroll, please complete the SEBF Enrollment/Payroll Authorization Form and return it to SEBF any time prior to Dec. 17, 2021.
The SEBF Weekly Disability Plan offers:
- A benefit of one-half of your average weekly salary to a maximum of $170 per week for up to 26 weeks.
- A weekly benefit that is paid for any injury or illness that is not work related.
- No premium payments are required while you are out of work due to an approved disability.
- You can collect the SEBF benefit in addition to other disability benefits, such as New York State Statutory Disability and Syracuse University Supplemental Short Term Disability.
For more information, please visit the SEBF website. If you have any questions, contact Tammy or Terry at the Fund Office at 315.218.6513.
Every effort has been made to ensure the information contained within this website is accurate. However, the benefits are governed by legal documents (which, in certain circumstances, may include insurance contracts). If there is any difference between the information on this website and the official documents, the official documents will control. As is the case with all of Syracuse University’s employee benefit plans, the University reserves the right to modify or terminate these benefits at any time.