Once you are ready to enroll, follow these simple steps to make your selections for 2021.
- Log in to MySlice. From Nov. 2-13, click on the Open Enrollment icon within MySlice to begin the enrollment process. If you do not know your NetID or password, visit Self-Serv or call 315.443.2677.
- Select Your 2021 Benefits. Be sure to maximize your benefits! Don’t forget you can add/change/drop your plan options and dependents, elect an FSA, update your beneficiaries and more.
- Click Finish. Be sure to update your selections by clicking FINISH to replace your prior choices. You can update your benefits as often as you like before the deadline of Nov. 13.
- Review Your Confirmation Statement. Review the email sent to your syr.edu email account. This will confirm your 2021 plan choices and pre/post tax costs.
If you have any questions about Open Enrollment, benefits or the enrollment process, contact HR Shared Services at 315.443.4042 or email@example.com. Virtual appointments are also available upon request.
A list of compatible web browsers for Windows and Apple operating systems is available. You can access MySlice through a desktop computer or mobile device.
If you have submitted your elections by clicking the “FINISH” button in MySlice, you can go back into your election event and make your changes through the last day of Open Enrollment. A confirmation statement of your benefit elections will be sent to your Syracuse University email address every time you click the “FINISH” button. The last confirmation statement you receive represents your final selections for the next calendar year. Any changes you make without clicking the “FINISH” button will not be saved, so always click “FINISH” and review your confirmation statement to ensure you are satisfied with your choices.
Many life events are considered qualifying status changes. If you experience one of these events, you have 31 days from the date of the event to contact HR Shared Services to request a change to your benefits. The change you make must correspond to the event. For example, if you have a child, you may add the eligible child to your coverage. If you fail to make the change within 31 days, you must wait until the next Open Enrollment period to make the change for the following calendar year.
Your current elections will carry forward for medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) and disability insurance. Your contributions to your TIAA voluntary retirement account will also roll over, but you can change your contribution amount at any point during the year.
If you do not elect a Health Care or Dependent Care FSA during the Open Enrollment period, then you will not have access to new contributions in the next calendar year. However, if you have up to $550 of unused funds in this year’s Health Care FSA, these funds will roll over to the next calendar year to be used for eligible reimbursements. In addition, if you plan to apply again for either the Reduced Medical Contributions/Schedule B or the Dependent Care Subsidy Program, applications are due by Dec. 4.
If you need computer access for Open Enrollment purposes, visit one of the computer labs on campus. Assistance will be available from HR Shared Services during normal business hours, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Contact HR Shared Services at 315.443.4042 or firstname.lastname@example.org to identify an appointment that best suits your needs.
- View the 24/7 on-demand, recorded webinar to learn everything you need to know about 2021 benefit offerings.
- Attend a live information session to learn about your 2021 benefits.
- HR Shared Services is available at 315.443.4042 or email@example.com to answer your personal questions. Virtual appointments are available as well.
- Call our dedicated Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS) customer service center at 800.493.0318 (TTY: 800.662.1220) if you need additional assistance regarding your personal medical plan questions. Excellus BCBS has expanded hours of operation Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m.-8 p.m. With prescription drug questions, contact OptumRx member services at 866.854.2945 (TTY: 711). They are available to assist you 24/7.
HR Shared Services is also able to assist you with requests for accessibility and accommodations.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained within this website is accurate. However, benefits are governed by legal documents (which, in certain circumstances, may include insurance contracts). If there is any difference between the information on this website and the official documents, the official documents will control. As is the case with all of Syracuse University’s benefit plans, the University reserves the right to modify or terminate these benefits at any time.