How do I enroll or change my benefits during Open Enrollment?
Log in to MySlice beginning Oct. 29. You will need your NetID and password. If you do not know this login information, visit Syracuse University’s ITS website at its.syr.edu/netid to review instructions. If you have questions about your NetID, call ITS at 315.443.2677 during business hours.
The process for navigating MySlice will look different than what you’ve seen in the past. Beginning Oct. 29, click on the Open Enrollment icon within MySlice. Use the following steps to review your benefit elections and make changes for calendar year 2019:
- If you aren’t at Employee Self Service, click the title at the top of the page and choose Employee Self Service.
- Click the Benefit Details tile.
- Select Benefits Enrollment from the navigation menu on the left.
If you have any questions about Open Enrollment, benefits or the enrollment process, contact the HR Service Center at 315.443.4042 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A list of compatible web browsers for Windows and Apple operating systems is available. You can access MySlice through a desktop computer or mobile device.
What if I change my mind after I’ve completed my enrollment?
If you have submitted your elections by clicking the “FINISH” button in MySlice, you can go back into your election event and make your changes through the end of the day on Nov. 9. A confirmation statement of your benefit elections will be sent to your syr.edu email address every time you click the “FINISH” button. The last confirmation statement you receive represents your final selections for 2019. Any changes you make without clicking the “FINISH” button will not be saved, so always click “FINISH” and review your confirmation statement to ensure you are satisfied with your choices.
What if I need to make benefit changes outside of the Open Enrollment period?
Many life events are considered qualifying status changes. If you experience one of these events, you have 31 days from the date of the event to contact HR to request a change to your benefits. The change you make must correspond to the event. For example, if you have a child, you may add the child to your coverage. If you fail to make the change within 31 days, you must wait until the next Open Enrollment period to make the change for the following calendar year.
What happens if I don’t take action during the Open Enrollment period?
Your current elections will carry forward for medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, and disability insurance. Your contributions to your TIAA voluntary retirement account will also rollover, but you can change your contribution level at any point during the year. If you do not elect a Health Care or Dependent Care FSA during the Open Enrollment period, then you will not have new contributions to an account in 2019. However, if you have up to $500 of unused funds in your 2018 Health Care FSA, these funds will rollover to 2019 to be used for eligible reimbursements.
Where are computers available on campus?
If you need computer access for Open Enrollment purposes, visit one of the computer labs or email stations on campus. There are computers inside the Office of Human Resources, located in the Skytop Office Building. You can enter Skytop between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday during Open Enrollment. For other locations, review the ITS website. Printers are not available at email stations.
How can I learn more about Open Enrollment?
You will be able to learn more about Open Enrollment, which will occur Oct. 29 – Nov. 9, by taking advantage of the following opportunities:
- Review the information on our dedicated Open Enrollment website and attend an Open Enrollment Information Session. During the information sessions, Human Resources representatives will provide an overview of the 2019 benefits, important reminders, and answer your questions about any of our benefit programs, live or from the convenience of your home or office via webinar.
- Meet one on one during office hours with an HR expert for assistance with any questions about enrolling, coverage, and how to get the most out of your benefits. Excellus BCBS representatives will also be on hand for personalized assistance regarding your health plan questions during Open Enrollment and into 2019.
If you have additional questions, contact the HR Service Center at 315.443.4042 or email@example.com, and watch your University email account for more information about Open Enrollment for 2019.